Sometimes I write things; movie reviews and essays, mainly. This site exists to keep them all in one place, as well as to house any future non-movie essays, and to display a regularly updated list of recommended articles and links. And who knows, maybe more later on
If you're interested in this sort of thing and want to be informed when something new is added, the best way to keep up is to follow me on Twitter. If you prefer email, please enter your email address into the form below. Naturally, there won't be any sharing or selling of any email address, and I'll gladly remove you at any point:
- april 2nd: My latest appearance on His Place, talking about the budget sequester, is streaming on hisplace.tv (episode 159).
- july 29th: Forbes.com posted an article on The Dark Knight trilogy that I co-wrote with my father about a week and a half ago, just before the final film was released. Check it out: "The Politics of Batman: The Dark Knight Of The Soul Rises."
- june 26th: I've got a new essay up on Movie Forums about the increased demand for narrative momentum in film and television: "Arcs sont Triomphe."
- march 16th: My latest interview with Ron Morris on the rising costs of education is now available.
- january 13th: My interview with Ron Morris yesterday is now available online; it's the "Full Episode" file embedded at the bottom, and it starts just past the 1:02:00 mark.
- january 10th: My appearance on Cornerstone TeleVision's Focus 4 is now available online. The segment starts at around 9:20 and is about Christian involvement in the electoral process.
- december 8th: My latest appearance on The American Entrepreneur is available online.
- november 7th: My interview with Michael Geer will air on His Place tomorrow night at 9:30 PM on Cornerstone Television. UPDATE: and now it's streaming on hisplace.tv. The first segment (on Senate Bill 1/school choice) starts at 4:45. The second (on Senate Bill 732/abortion clinic standards) starts at 21:10.
- november 3rd: I'll soon be reworking the Writing page so that it stays more up-to-date, but in the meantime: I've started posting semi-regular essays on Movie Forums. There are two so far: "Christopher Nolan's Useful Lies" and "In Defense of Boredom." Check them out, if you're so inclined.
- october 10th: My interview with Ron Morris is available on TAERadio.com; segments three and four. Don't let the titles fool you: we actually discussed the nature of creativity.
- october 4th: My interview with Congressman Tim Murphy will air on His Place tonight at 9:30 PM, and is available on hisplace.tv. The first segment starts at the 4:37 mark.
- september 27th: I'll be on His Place again interviewing Congressman Tim Murphy this evening. It will air next Tuesday.
- september 22nd: A hitch in the normal bi-monthly schedule means I'll be on Ron' Morris' show on WMNY Radio today just after 4:00 PM ET. As always, live streaming is available.
- august 19th: I'll be on Ron Morris' radio show, The American Entrepreneur, on WMNY Radio today at 3:20 PM ET to talk about presidential politics, and probably a few other things. Live streaming is available on their site.
- march 14th: I'll be on Cornerstone TeleVision's His Place on Tuesday, March 15th at 9:30 PM ET to talk about potential 2012 Republican nominees for President.